
Chicken Pot Pie
2 cups cooked chicken (typically made ahead during the week)
1 pkg (10 ounces) frozen mixed veggies thawed
1 1/4 cups milk
1 envelope onion soup mix or garlic mushroom soup mix
1 pkg pie crust (or make your own)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl combine chicken and veggies; set aside.
In a small saucepan, bring milk and soup mix to a boil over a med heat, stirring occasionally.
Grease a 9" pie plate. Put in chicken mixture, and pour soup mixture over top. Add a pie crust to the top, and press around edges. Trim excess, and split in top.
Bake uncovered for 35 min.
Tips:
I had a crust to the bottom as well, so I use the store brand crusts for about $1.35 when on sale, and defrost with the veggies, so its easy to move into pie plate. I have tried making in the pan in comes in, but it overflows so I use a pyrex glass pie plate. Very easy. Also this meal works awesome with leftover steak, or other meat. Hubby's favorite is with steak. These are good ingredients just to have on hand in a pinch.
No comments:
Post a Comment