Friday, July 21, 2006

Florentine Shrimp & Pasta

















Florentine Shrimp Pasta

2 boxes (9 oz each) frozen boil-in-bag creamed spinach
12 oz penne pasta (31/2 cups)
1 lb peeled, cleaned large shrimp

Serves 4

Active: 5 min/Total: 15 min

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spinach pouches; return to a boil. Add pasta; cook as pasta package directs.2. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and 1/8 tsp pepper. Cook 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from heat.3. Scoop out 1/2 cup pasta cooking water; remove spinach. Drain pasta; return to pot. Add spinach, shrimp and 1/8 tsp pepper; toss to mix, gradually adding reserved water if needed to moisten.

TIPS- I buy whatever creamed spinach is on sale, off brand or that Jolly Green guy.. :) If its the one in the bag I follow those directions, if its microwavable I just start in while the noodles are cooking. This meal is literally about 15 minutes begining to end, no lie. I also add some garlic powder, and lemon juice to the shrimps while they are cooking. Also as a silly side note, I do this meal the night before trash day, since I don't like shrimp tails, in my trash for long...! This recipe is from www.womansday.com

1 comment:

krista said...

I made this on Friday night and it was YUMMY! I added black olives to all and some red pepper in my husbands...since nothing is ever spicy enough for him! We loved it- thanks for a great new recipe!