Monday, March 22, 2010

blueberry muffins


  • one week at the market I spotted these killer giant blueberries.. so I ran home and tried this recipe they were hit.. sorry no pic of finished muffin, I ate them all much too quickly for any of that.
for muffin
1/2 cup butter or margarine, at room temp
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 cup milk

    For Topping

    1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed with
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
     
      Grease 18 regular-size muffin cups (or 12 large size muffins).
      In bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until pale and fluffy.
      Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
      Beat in vanilla, baking powder and salt.
      With spoon, fold in half of flour then half of milk into batter; repeat.
      Fold in blueberries.
      Spoon into muffins cups, and sprinkle with topping
      Bake 20 to 30 minutes in 375 oven, until golden brown and springy to touch.

        No comments: