Monday, April 25, 2011
Rosemary Chicken Potato Pizza
READ THIS ALL FIRST: years ago CPK had this on there menu, it was my first CPK item I ever ate.. and I was hooked, and then shortly they got rid of it, and I've dreamed of it fairly regulary since then...
let me warn you, this is not a meal made easy, this is A LOT of work, but is so beyond worth it.......
this is so flavor packed, and delcious and also really pretty fussy pizza.....
so when you have loads of free time, make this, or if you love someone an awful lot .. make this... or if I come over, make this...
I've simplified it, to make it doable for our family, if you want the full recipe, google it, but this is my... easier version chopped up into days version... so that we can eat this at least every few weeks, until I burn us out of it.
We break this pizza up into two days.... the first night we have grilled chicken ior soemthing else.. this recipe includes enough for that night too..
We marinate it with
5 teaspoons minced garlic
2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
5 Tablespoons olive oil
5 chicken breasts (only 2 are for the pizza)
we grill the chicken, and chop up 2 of the breasts, and refrigerate for tomorrow. We use the other three for salads, wraps, or just grilled chicken, etc...
Several hours before dinner the next day -
I make the potatoes
1/2 lb red pototates
1 TB minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 TB olive oil
I use my mandolin to slice these potatoes very thinly and place them in a ziploc bag, I add everything else, and shake to coat. Then I put foil on a pan and put the potoates on there in a single slice, do not put extra marinade, just toss it. Then I put in at 325. The original recipe says for 45 minutes, but mine takes about 30 so watch it, you want them cooked through and golden but not burned. Remove from pan, and let cool on plate with paper towels to absorb grease, do not refrigerate.
About an hour before serving time: we use a refrigerated crust from TJ's on this pizza and we remove it from the fridge to roll out easier. Plus preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Then we begin the Shallot butter (oh sweet yum)
5 TB butter
1/4 cup minced shallots
2 TB minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch white pepper
1/2 cup white wine
1 TB lemon juice
1 teaspoon of chicken stock (or from boulionn cube)
to make it:
melt 1 TB butter in a pan over med heat
add shallot, garlic + thyme
cook until mixture turns light brown 7-8 minutes
add salt + pepper + wine + lemon juice + chicken stock
cook until mixture is reduce to 1/2 cup (toward the end reduce heat to low and stir frequently
remove from heat, quickly whisk in remaining 4TB of butter
Now its time to make the pizza: Other ingredients:
pizza crust
1 1/2 cups shredded mozerella
1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon rosemary
4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Roll out the crust to your lovely round size, and put on your stone.
Then brush on the shallot butter on the crust.
Thn add mozerella.
Then add garlic chicken.
Then sprinkle the rosemary and oregano over chicken.
Then add the potatoes
Then bake for 12-15 minutes
Then sprinkle parsley.
Then eat... Finally. You'll love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wowzwers! This sounds way yummier than the one I pinned (and much more work, lol). I'm thinking I really want to try it :)
Post a Comment