I like crab dip, I have tried it multiple times, and I thought for awhile I was hooked on this bell pepper one. But one day I had crab and no bell pepper, so I went hunting again... and I got lucky.
I pulled out an old betty crocker and looked up crab dip, wahllahhh there was a recipe, but in my writing in the margins, I had said.... "could use more flavor and more crab".... I resolved to fix that, then and there... and once again I was so thankful I write in my cookbooks.
I doctored it up, and in Nicks words, its better than our favorite restaurant variety.
So here is my more flavor more crab version....
1 package cream cheese
1/4 cup parmesan shredded good cheese.
1/4 cup garlic mayo - plain would work
1/4 cup white wine
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup mozerella
a dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/3lb, chunk crab meat (imiation, or not, thats up to you)
Mix everything togethor in a bowl minus black pepper. Use scissors to cut chunk of the crab meat, biggish chunks.
Put in small shallow casserole pan. Sprinkle pepper on top.
Bake in 375 preheated oven for 15 minutes.
Serve with crackers.
There is no photo.. it was gone too quickly. Will add soon.. I hope.
Monday, May 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment