Tuesday, June 14, 2011

my very favorite chicken salad recipe

 its summer. don't ya know?
and this is one my very favorite make in the summer and eat in the backyard sort of lunches.
Or a you spent the morning at art camps, swim lessons, outings, and thank the Lord the kids are down for a nap type lunches.... its just really yummy and my very favorite is to pile it high on rosemary olive oil bread... with a side of fruit.

anyways.. Enough babbling. My preferred chicken salad recipe...

2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken

1 cup finely chopped celery
1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans (optional)
1 small minced onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Miracle Whip

Directions:
1 Combine all ingredients; chill.

2 Serve with just about anything- crackers, chips, rolls, bread

1 comment:

Heather951 said...

If I use mayonaise will it be as good? I just have never bought miracle whip. Have you used mayo in this recipe before. Thanks for posting...I've heard it's super good!