Friday, July 28, 2006

Make Your Own Pizza Night..


Instead of the classic... call pizza hut. I was inspired by Andi and Chelle to try the Trader Joe's make your own pizza.... let me tell you yummy.

I purchased the almost whole wheat pizza dough ($1) and the trader joe's pizza sauce (cause I was feeling lazy!) ($1.59) and it was good. You can find it in the deli section near the hummus.

We are not a make your own pizza type of family, we typically don't like frozen pizzas either, they just aren't that good. But the crust was wonderful, and this was like made it under 12 minutes start to finish.

So go ahead and have a family fun night, rent a movie, splurge and have a soda, and put whatever your favorite toppings are on. Have a ball. If you have a trader Joe's near you... give there pizza dough a try, way better than a store bought crust. I am all about convenience!

We will definetly be doing this for a fellowship night, or even for a youth party at our church.

The guy I ran into at the store mentioned grilling his, he said his wife makes a mean pesto and they do a bbq chicken pizza.. That is defintely our next try! :)

For the toppings we did and the crust and the sauce and the cheese, we made 2 pizzas for under $5.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Also, I found at our Costco, a bag focaccia bread it's 3 loaves for around $5, I think it was and you can freeze it.
Tonight I am going to do tomatoe sauce, mozeralla, black olives, some minced garlic and roasted red peppers with marinated artichoke hearts and parmesan cheese as toppings.