Wednesday, October 27, 2010

rosemary garlic parmesan mashed red potatoes

I made a new cranberry stuffed porkchop... and so to go with it I wanted mashed potatoes.. and then I went.. ohhh rosemary... ohhh garlic.. ohhh parmesan.. and then I only had red potatoes..... so I made these up...

and they were pretty much perfection. Am I allowed to say this. I am not a huge fan of ultra creamy potoates, I like some texture and a flavor. Thats what we got.

I have no measurements cause these just kind of came togethor... as I saw what they needed.. but the general idea is here.

12 red potatoes
1/4 cup (approx) diced white onion
1/2 cup or more who knows heavy cream
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
 fresh rosemary
fresh garlic
pepper
salt

chop potatoes with skins on, bring to a boil, and wait until softened (about 25 minutes) drain in colander.

in pan bring 1 Tbs of butter melted in pan. soften onions in pan, add garlic (as desired), bring back potatoes, mash. Then add remainder of butter, whipping cream, and seasoning. Melt in parmesan cheese at the end.

enjoy.


p.s. the porkchops were a flop. Im still on a hunt for one with good filling, that leaves the meat tender, that doesn't have a syrupy sauce poured over top. Know of any?

2 comments:

Chelle said...

love doing my potatoes like this...super excited to try adding rosemary...also I like to throw in a couple cloves of garlic that you drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil, and roast in the oven for about ten min...then whip into potatoes.

Leslie said...

oh Im SO trying the garlic trick....

SO SO am.